1. Right to life
• Why does Venezuela still have the highest murder rate in South America, sharply increasing in recent years, even though social inequality has been reduced according to Government figures? What measures does the Government foresee to reduce the alarming rates of violent crime and insecurity for citizens? Does the Venezuelan government agree that there is a strong link between violent crime and impunity?
2. Visits by representatives of international Human Rights bodies
• Why hasn’t the Venezuelan State authorized any visits in situ by representatives of Human Rights bodies?
3. Right to Freedom of expression
• Has the State considered a way to revert the expansion of so-called crimes of contempt or vilification extended to protect public officials?
4. People deprived of liberty
• Which measures is the State taking in order to resolve the understaffing in prison facilities and what are the current selection criteria of prison staff?
5. Right to universal access to health
• What measures does the government foresee to reduce infant and maternal mortality in order to comply with the UN Millennium Development Goals?
6. Human Rights NGOs
• Could Venezuela please explain the reasoning behind forbidding local human rights NGOs to receive financial support from abroad?