1. How will the Government of Syria ensure that its citizens can exercise their right to freedom of opinion and expression, peaceful assembly and association, in compliance with the Syria’s international human rights commitments?
2. Does the Government of Syria plan to amend the legislation under which prisoners of conscience and human rights defenders have been imprisoned, to bring it in line with international human rights law, in particular the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights?
3. Will the Government of Syria review its legislation in order to ensure full compliance with the requirements of the UN Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment?
4. Is the Government of Syria planning to publicly condemn torture and to establish an independent body to investigate allegations of torture and to prosecute alleged perpetrators?
5. What measures will be taken to protect human rights defenders, journalists and bloggers from intimidation, persecution and restrictions on their freedom of movement and their right to free expression?
6. Will the Government of Syria impose a moratorium on executions, as a first step towards abolition of the death penalty?